SEO Copywriting to make content that works
SEO copywriting, an ability to achieve success in our content.
In the first place, SEO copywriting is the art and science of creating content that will be loved by your readers, and at the same time by the search engines. Thus, making it correctly is the key to classifying it on the top of the online search engines and so convert well.
SEO copywriting it is a relatively new field. Previously on the digital marketing agencies, there were an SEO specialist and a copywriter. It is only in the past few years that SEO has managed to be less technical and has given the greatest importance to the writing quality on the content.
We have prepared, humbly, some SEO copywriting tips through which we are convinced that they could help you to improve efficiency your publications.
Ready? Let’s begin for the basics
What is SEO copywriting?
To get to deeply understand what is SEO copywriting, we must examine both parts of these words.
- SEO: naturally, it means search engine optimization. It is the method of optimizing your site and content to achieve high rankings in the search engines.
- Copywriting: on the other hand, it’s about the human side. An editor who tries to find the right words and phrases for visitors and readers to carry out the desired action. For that reason, to be an effective copywriter, since he needs to understand human psychology and have a keen insight into the audience to which he is addressing.
- SEO copywriting: combine these two disciplines in order to create engaging content that addresses the search keywords, hearts and minds of readers (remember these are human). For this, the discipline addresses the following elements:
Technic SEO: That means all the technical aspects of search engine optimization. Includes proper marking, fast loading times and usability.
Audience investigation and keyword (research): Something basic for the SEOS. Find out what kind of people in the search engines, their intentions and what else we must know about them.
Content creation: Take the knowledge gathered in the previous step, and convert it into high-quality content, relevant and attractive that readers will love.
SEO On page: Put the finishing touches on the content to make sure that the search engines can understand what it is about.
Alright, now that we have the basic fundamentals covered, we give you 4 tips to make quality content.
1) Audience investigation and Keyword Research
The first step to create content is to be clear about who it is aimed at. Understanding your audience has a lot of influence on the content, from the selection of topics, the use of the language, to the keywords. That is also the reason why user research is part of advanced SEO techniques.
So, how do you do it? Here are some ways to get more information about your audience:
- Create “BUYER PEOPLE”: The Buyer People are fiction profiles of the members of the audience. They help you understand the readers on a personal level, it allows you to find and create topics for them. A great marketing guide for people can be downloaded at Hubspot.com.
- Check your web analytics: Google Analytics and similar services are treasures of information about your audience. From the content that they like the most and what they see most on your site, until their journey. You can learn a lot from your analysis.
- Make a competence analysis: The best content, performance of competing sites and comments below their publications, provide you with accurate information about what your audience is really looking for. This approach is also ideal to do the Backlink technique.
- Inquire on social networks: We already mentioned in our advanced SEO techniques that users meet in the social network to talk about what interests them. All you need to do is listen to get a lot of ideas.
- Do a keyword research: Classic SEO work is also part of the audience’s research. Know the keywords and key phrases that the public uses in Google and understand them thoroughly.
With the above, we are already able to create a long list of possible ideas and themes. Once each of them is established, we can move on to the actual writing part.
2) Content creation suggestions
When you decide on which topic or keyword you are going to work on and concentrate all your efforts, the moment of action comes, focusing exclusively on writing. Here are some tips that can facilitate this process:
- Create a scheme: Writing a blog becomes infinitely easier if you have a predefined structure instead of writing and deleting. For a good scheme, you should only decide on the objective of your piece, as well as the information you want to include and its order.
- Write: Once you get to write, concentrate on the volume. Do not modify it, do not stop, do not think too much. Just try to get the words out. Do not pay so much attention to the grammar and typographical errors at the moment, then calmly you will dedicate to review the edition.
- Structure well: To make your text more readable, create a lot of paragraphs, use the headings and subtitles (H1, H2, H3 …, bullets, lists, indexes, bold, etc.)and anything else that helps improve the readability of the content.
- Review and editing: Once you get to the editing stage, the real work begins. Review, focus on the structure of the sentence and paragraph, as well as the flow of the text. Particularly for this last step, it uses loads of transition words.
With the advice above, creating content will be much easier. Also, consider asking another person to review your text, two pairs of eyes usually see more than one.
3) Optimization of the headlines
The header is one of the most important parts of your content. It is the first thing that users will see in the search engines and determine if they will click on your site or not. For that reason, the title of your content deserves special attention and a lot of consideration. If you feel uncreative and need divine inspiration, there are good places to generate ideas for perfect titles to write and SEO, use this link: Generator of SEO titles, is only in English, but with a little creativity and help from the translator you will not have any problem
TIP: The key is to write big headlines that drive more traffic
Ok, now that we have our text ready, it’s time to do SEO and make sure that search engines will love our content as much as readers.
4) Optimization on the page (SEO ON-Page)
La optimización de la página es crucial para asegurarse de que el contenido cumpla todos los puntos de SEO necesarios. No hacerlo puede exiliar una gran pieza de escritura a una página lejana en Google solo porque falta la optimización.
This is what you have to search:
Include the keyword in all the important places, that means the URL, title, introduction, subtitles, image file names and ALT tags. It also pays a lot of attention to the density of keywords (between 0.5% and 2.5% is what Yoast SEO usually recommends) and try to put the keywords at the beginning in all instances.
- Optimize the title tag and meta description: Both appear first in the search engines. The title tag may be different from the title of the original publication (especially if the original does not conform to the SERPs), while the meta description must summarize the publication and contain a call to action.
- Use images and other visual elements: Visual content is considered high quality by Google. Increase on-site time and reduce bounce rates. Do not forget to compress your images to improve loading times, optimize file names and ALT tags. The latter gives you additional keywords and allows you to appear in the Google image search, which is a “plus”.
- Include links: Make sure to link both external sites and your own content. This is very useful for readers and also allows Google to better understand your topic and the structure of Social Media.